40 Weeks Pregnant!

Not the post you were expecting? Me either.

I didn’t think I’d make it to 40 weeks pregnant, but here we are. She is actually due tomorrow, June 8th, so there’s still hope!

40 week pregnant belly.jpg

She must be comfy in there…

Who rocks the basketball under the shirt? I do, I do!

004

For those of you looking for active maternity clothes, the top is from Me2Roo, and I first wore it here at about 24 weeks or so. Here’s a comparison pic.

Me2Roo_Charlotte.jpg

How I am feeling?
I feel pretty comfortable considering I’m 40 freaking weeks. I have been measuring about a week behind, but her growth has proceeded incrementally. My weight has been been stagnant for the past 6 weeks which is fine by me as long as she is growing. I don’t own a scale, so I only know my weight at doctors’ appointments, but have gained about 25 lbs.

Baby stats?
I wasn’t aware that we wouldn’t have another ultrasound after week 20 when we found out the sex. Did that catch any other moms-to-be off guard?

Really, it’s a blessing, because that means I am having a healthy pregnancy (which is code for insurance won’t pay for ultrasounds). Accordingly, my doctor can only guess her size. She doesn’t think she’ll be big–but I’m not sure what that means anymore!

40 Week Belly with baby

Her head is down, and she could be anywhere from 6.5 to 8 lbs according to my What to Expect app and 19-22″ long. She’s still a watermelon.

Signs of labor?
None. Maybe I don’t feel the contractions? I can hear moms laughing at me now! I don’t get cramps, so I have zero reference when nurses are trying to help me identify signs. I feel like she is dropping at least, there is more pressure than before.

Also, I have been doing a lot of the “natural ways to induce labor” with no avail, so the lesson is: baby will come when baby is ready.

Exercise?
My handsome Cooper makes sure I walk at least two times a day.

Beautiful Golden Retriever

And, I do strength training workouts 3x a week. Cleaning is also a workout when you’re carrying extra weight!

Wedding rings on/off?
On! Do I wear them during labor and delivery?

Belly button in/out?
My button is an outtie now.

Baby prep?
The car seat is installed & bags are packed. I figured out the car seat adapter for the BOB stroller too. And, my dear friend Heather gifted us this Pack-N-Play that she didn’t need for her kiddos. It’s brand new! So thankful.

pack-n-play

We are going to use it in our bedroom initially, so we don’t have to go far to feed or change the baby. Eventually, I’ll take it to my parents’ house, so they have somewhere for her to sleep.

I clean the house and do laundry often so in the event she does appear, we will at least return to a clean home before it all goes out the window! And, I have been prepping food too. Is this nesting?

Anxiety:
Oh, of course. Isn’t this the easy part? Once she is born, we are responsible for a human being! Right now, I don’t have to think about a diaper bag, feeding, sleeping, cleaning, transportation…

Baby name:
We will make a formal announcement when she’s born, but you all had so many great guesses that I was almost tempted to change it!

Adorn-a-wreath-girl

Guest Post:
I had the opportunity to write a guest post for For Two Fitness about Training for Two. If you have a chance, please check it out!

Your turn:
Moms, how many of you went past your due date? – No horror stories please!
Why do they say pregnancies are 9 months when in actuality most are 10?

Comments

1. I would not wear any jewelry for labor and delivery. The reason being that you want to be prepared in case of a c-section. Now I don’t think you’ll need one but it’s always better to not have to worry about anything in an emergency. :)

Also – the ultrasounds and doctor’s guesses at the end are just that – a guess. They get really good at it too! My MW and 2 OBs all thought Em was 7 lbs and she ended up being alb 14 oz (not scary! 0nly needed 1 stitch – proof you CAN deliver larger babies!). My OB APOLOGIZED me after saying he’s never been that far off before haha.

Waiting for labor is super nerve wracking so I am thinking about you!!
    Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family recently posted..Bestowed BoxMy Profile

2. Hang in there! Baby girl will make her debut any day now! Great guest post & congrats for staying active throughout your pregnancy!

Yes, that 9 months can be so deceiving! We often forget one month is slightly longer than four weeks at 30-31 days. My husband had to remind me of this when I was pregnant (guess that’s why he’s the engineer and math minor and not me!). So, when you do the math, I think 40 weeks is actually very close to nine full months. But boy can it feel longer!
    Nicole @ Work in Sweats Mama recently posted..Hilly Hellacious or Bucolic Bliss?My Profile

3. Hey Jess! Been thinking about you as we’ve been so close in our pregnancies the entire time. I am now 40w3 days and this little girl doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. Someone told me I should stop being active, sit on the couch with some potato chips and watch trashy tv since that’s not the norm! Maybe then she’d come! In any event, thinking of you and hoping your little girl comes soon enough!
    Colleen Kingery recently posted..Ten Tidbit ThursdayMy Profile

• Ah, thinking of you too! Let’s hope our girls decide to come in the next few days. And, I think you’re right-I’m going to do the opposite of everything! ha ha! Good luck mama!!!

4. good luck! My mom went 7 days past her due date with my little brother. And he took ALL day to show up!

And Nicole’s comment about the 40 weeks sounds about right. I have my weeks numbered on my work calendar and from Jan 1 to Jun 1 is 22 weeks and that 5 months (and if you just did 4 weeks per month that would be 20 weeks).

5. When I had my second, I had about 30 (exaggerating) ultrasounds. I had placenta previa with him, so they were constantly doing ultrasounds to see if it cleared up yet – never did, cue c-section. Again, good luck! I still can’t believe you haven’t felt any kind of braxton hicks or contractions. You need to go jump on a trampoline ;)
    Kiley @ DailyVitaminF recently posted..what’s a runner to doMy Profile

• Oh gosh! I have read about that–glad you are okay! Nope, no BH but my mom never got contraction either, so it happens. ;)

6. I agree about the ultrasound. I measured behind my whole pregnancy but had a “sub” doctor while mine was on vacay. She didn’t realize it, ordered an ultrasound and sent me to the hospital when the u/s said Miles weighed less than 5 pounds. As it turns out, he was almost 6.

And a super odd tip: Get as many of the hospital undergarments as they’ll give you. Super comfy when you are sore.
    Kimberly @ Healthy Strides recently posted..Three Things Thursday: Munchkin linkupMy Profile

7. You look awesome!! It looks like she has started to drop – soon you will meet your precious daughter!!!
    Kim recently posted..Beltin’ It OutMy Profile

8. Shannon says:

Our doula has been telling us that the average first time mother goes 10 days past due date (for a caucasian woman). You’re doing great!!!

9. Yeah, once you hit 40 weeks you are technically 9 months and a week (unless you had crazy menstrual cycles), so even if you go the “textbook” amount, it is a bit over nine months. Definitely misleading lol.

I’m about ready to give up on “labor signs”… I’ve read so many times about women who have every sign in the book and stay pregnant for another 2 weeks, and I’ve also heard about a ton of women who have zero signs and them boom! They are in labor.

I’ve had a decent amount of signs (nothing involving any “plugs” or “shows” yet, haha… but dropping, pressure, uptick in BH contractions, etc.)… and no baby! Damn. haha.

Here’s hoping you don’t have a 41 week update! You still look awesome! Obviously my guess of you having her on the 6th was wrong… My B haha.

(p.s. I realize I always leave a novel of a comment on your blog updates, haha… I think I like having another preggo to chat with lol)

• ha ha! Don’t apologize! I love hearing from you Lauren especially since we are so close in due dates. I’m over the “labor signs” too! And, my mom really wanted the 6th too–it was her mom’s birthday and she passed away when my mom was in college. I’ll be check FB for your updates!

10. tahoegirl says:

I just wanted to say good luck to you. I am sure you guys will be amazing parents. I hope Cooper will still get his lovin’ too. I have never been pregnant but you look amazing in my opinion. Share pictures ASAP.

• Thank you! And, Cooper will continue to be my firstborn and baby! My parents live in Omaha too, so he will get plenty of attention when I’m in the hospital. They adore him!

11. She will come when she’s ready! :) I’m sure you’re ready right about now!! :) At week 40 you still look amazing!! :)
    Zaneta recently posted..Goals Update: May 2013My Profile

12. Almost there – so exciting!!! So glad you’re holding up okay!!

I went past my due date by 3 days and then got induced. At some of my dr’s appts they would tell me they thought I’d even deliver early – clearly that was not correct! I tried walking every day/night trying to induce my labor but that didn’t work either but at least it was good exercise! I think you’re right – babies will come when they are ready. To make things easier on myself, I left my bag at my desk (just in case) b/c I delivered at the hospital where I work.
    It’s good to hear you’re cleaning and doing as much as you can now before she comes. Afterwards, you won’t feel like doing anything!! And thankfully you’ll have a lot of help from your family it seems. Don’t hesitate to let them help you :) You just focus on bonding with your little angel!

Best wishes to you and Spencer!!

• Such great advice Jen, thank you!! :D Yes, I will have my family around–so thankful but I will have to get used to asking for help, you’re right!

13. Kaleigh says:

Hey Jess! I’m an L&D nurse, and trust me, for a first time mom, it is pretty normal to go a little past your due date! Just keep walking, take some relaxing hot showers and enjoy these last few days as a couple with your hubby! I’m sure you will ROCK labor since you are so incredibly fit – that is rare these days! Congrats, and good luck!

• Thanks Kaleigh! I really hope staying fit has helped me for L&D!! And, you’re right–now’s the time to enjoy and relax. ;)

14. You made it to 40 weeks! A testimony to all women to keep strong and healthy during pregnancy! I am praying for you to have an EASY delivery! But with all that core strength you got goin’ on, you should be golden!!!! Can’t wait to see what you are going to name her. You’re going to be a fantastic Momma!
    Ashley Martinus recently posted..Workouts of the WeekMy Profile

15. I went 6 days post due date. I had been so active during my pregnancy that I naturally thought that I would go early. I went to a friends soccer game on my due date and was in the sidelines doing lunges and squats trying to get her to come out. The hardest part was waiting for my baby girl towards the end but it was all worth it AND…now knowing my daughter, she is one that does things when she wants still and she’s only 2 1/2 yrs old. Good luck!

• The waiting is super tough–simply b/c I feel in limbo! But, I have to trust it will happen when it happens, and if it doesn’t, I’ll get induced! ;)

16. Heather says:

I thought my daughter would come early, too, but I was induced at 41 weeks. I was measuring small throughout the pregnancy, but she ended up weighing 8 lb. 12 oz!

And all the old wives tales about naturally inducing labor? Didn’t work for me either. Just enjoy these last few days- I’m sure Cooper will miss the quiet once his little sister arrives!

• Thanks Heather! I like your advice–the old wives tales are certainly hit or miss! I think I will focus on my Cooper time and chilling out! ;)

17. Gotta love the 40 week mark, eh? I’m now 2 days overdue – we got an ultrasound yesterday (at 40+1) to check her size, they guestimate she’s 7lbs 14oz – who knows really though. I hope it’s VERY VERY soon for both of us and we get to meet our girls ASAP!! I check in on you daily and hope everytime to see a baby – so maybe tomorrow?? Shoot, our kiddos could share a birthday! Good luck to you mama!!
    Katie@LifesNextBigStep recently posted..Update!My Profile

18. Iowamom says:

You still look great! Sounds like you’ve got all the gear and supplies ready. I wouldn’t wear your rings to the hospital, just in case you need a c-section. I was asked to take my jewelry off. Every Dr/hospital is different but the rings are safest at home.

Yes, I was due 1/30/00 and my oldest was literally dragged out of me via c-section on 2/15/00. Still to this day he takes his sweet time. :) You’ll be fine and she WILL arrive some day! I agree that pregnancy is 10 months long.

19. Hi Jess,

You seriously look great, if I looked that good at 40 weeks pregnant I would be ok having to wait a little longer:). Unfortunately I don’t even think I look that great right now and I am only 30 weeks pregnant (with my 4th!). Anyway, I was told that first time babies often take longer and they were right, my first was a week overdue and so was my 3rd (my second came 3 weeks early crazy enough). The great thing about having full time babies (at least for me) is that they are a little more alert that babies that come early and tend to nurse better (and sleep better) early on. Good luck with the next few days and she will be here soon. Just think how long you have already waited, its not too bad to wait a few more days:).

Oh and I did your Dirty 30 workout yesterday after a short run. Are you still able to do burpees at this point? I was doing them yesterday and thinking my burpee days may be coming to an end, my stomach kept getting in the way:).

• Oh thank you so much! I feel good still but kind of ready for my body to be mine again! ;) And, congrats on your 4th!!

I stopped doing full burpees at week 25 because it was uncomfortable to be on my belly, but I still did half burpees till week 35. Now, my belly is pretty heavy! ;)

20. Bless your heart. You look GREAT though, no swelling…which should keep you comfortable. I have heard from several people now (including medical personnel) that statistically, caucasian, first time moms have a very high likelihood of going beyond their due date. I am REALLY hoping to see my baby close to 39 weeks, but….I am not getting too excited for that.

Will keep checking to see how things are going for you. Hey, you have free reign to lift lots of weight, walk a ton, have sexy time, and get feet/hand massages…whatever might get the ball rolling. =)
    Crystal@TheFastFitRunner recently posted..Overzealous – Its What I am Good At!My Profile

• Yes, I’m thankful for the no swelling thus far! And, you’re right–no need to hold back on lifting weights and exercising!! ;) How much longer do you have?!!

21. I wore my rings/jewelry/contact lenses for all of my births… I never thought about taking them off though!

I tried every labor inducing method known to man (with the exception of castor oil) with my first 2 pregnancies and they both ended in inductions. This time I did nothing (I even stopped working out at 40 weeks) and finally went into labor on my own. So, my theory is that if you do nothing, you might actually go into labor. Lol! Regardless, they have all been worth the wait.

Good luck with these last few days! You guys are going to be great parents (I think Cooper would agree!).
    Michelle recently posted..Bestowed Box – Review and Giveaway!My Profile

• I love it Michelle! Might as well be lazy and go against the “tales”! ha ha! And thank you so much for the kind words!!

22. I was just thinking about you last night–wondering if “J” had made her debut–but today I see this post so I guess she’s still super-comfy in your belly! Both of my kids were earlybirds (7 weeks and 2 weeks early) so I can’t give you any advice there, but in terms of the rings it’s no biggie either way. I think I had mine on with my daughter and off with my son? Anyway, hoping for good news about her arrival soon! It’s been so fun following your pregnancy and it’s awesome to see how healthy you’ve been throughout it!

• ha ha! Aw, thank you! I feel very blessed to have had a pleasant pregnancy. No J yet, but I’m excited to share her arrival with all!

23. We’re celebrating my youngest daughter’s birthday today! She’s 7 on the 7th! My due date with her was June 8th. I was blessed with labor that I didn’t really realize was labor; I was just uncomfortable all day long but nothing that said ‘your in labor!’. I got home around 6:15 PM from work, tried to watch Wheel of Fortune and began thinking I should go get checked. I arrived at the hospital around 7:45 PM and she blessed us with her presence at 8:20 PM. She’s been on the go, go, go ever since.

Good luck!

24. I say rings off. If for some reason you need to remove them while at the hospital you don’t want to have to worry about losing them! Plus if you decide to get an epidural you’ll be hooked up to an IV and post birth you will be retaining so much water your hands and feet will be huge.

25. Jen Schreckengost says:

I completely feel you! Today is my due date and the waiting is killing me!! I have a hard time just relaxing, but am trying to enjoying these last few days of “down time” with the hubby! I had eggplant parmesan last night and have been walking too. Guess this baby will come when they are ready! We didn’t find out the gender, so that is adding to the anticipation. :)

• Wishing you the best Jen!!! I’m trying to “relax” too but feel like I should also take advantage of the time too! And, you have to be doubly excited to see boy or girl! Excited for you!!!

26. Oh I so feel you! both of mine were late…the first by 5 days, the second by 8 (they finally induced). My body just didn’t go into labor on its own. But you know what? In the end, they were nice, healthy babies and that’s what’s important. And nice sized, too. And hey–you’re getting extra weeks of sleep right now, something you’ll be wishing for soon, trust me!

Good luck when the big day arrives!!
    misszippy recently posted..Summer must-havesMy Profile

• Thanks A! Your kiddos were worth the wait!! And, you’re right–I am savoring my sleep right now! ;)

27. Ahh, you’re almost there! You look amazing.

I would remove jewelry, just in case, and when you do go into labor, you’re gonna know it! Good luck, Mama. :)
    Erin recently posted..Taste of Omaha 2013My Profile

28. I went to 41 weeks with all three of my boys… that last week is such a long wait! I’d try to schedule something each day I was post-due to have something to look forward to… a pedicure, a massage, lunch with my sisters; it was kind of a splurge (financially) but kept me from going crazy. I agreed to induce at 41 weeks with my first and regret it. I tried to be more patient with my 2nd and 3rd but at 41 weeks did castor oil and acupuncture respectively (which both worked well!). The midwife was really concerned my 2nd baby was going to be small (I was measuring small, hadn’t gained much)… he came out 8 lbs 13 oz… all fat rolls and a double chin. He was also and easy and fast delivery, my easiest delivery.
    Good Luck! I will send good birthing vibes your way!

• That’s a great plan of action! Have something to look forward to (other than a baby of course!). Thank you for the well wishes!

29. 41 weeks and 3 days!!! 8lbs 1 oz an 21.5″ long. 20 min of pushing!!

30. I love it! Congratulations! She’ll be here any day. You are so beautiful and I’ve loved following along with you!!!!

31. My second kiddo they kept trying to get me induced.. Finally the dr set a date 2 days before my due date. The thinking was bc we had our first 5 minutes after got to hospital they. Wanted to make sure I was already at the hospital. I was 100% against being induced but my dr didn’t give me a choice and said shed schedule it anyways….I tried all the labor inducing methods ad finally the night before ended up …after reading mixed reviews and horror stories I only took 1/2 tablespoon castor oil… Oh my. Almost instant misery, but it worked…or she was ready. I don’t recommend it much but at the time felt like was my best option…. Oh and the dr was right.. She arrived 3 minutes after we got to hospital, barely made it in the door… Now that we’re prego w #3 and I’m 23 wks the dr is already talking about inducing…ugh. I did the first two ai natural and no pain meds after… But with such a short labor it wasn’t too bad!

• Oh goodness!! That is speedy–thankful you and babies were safe!! And, I’m not sure about the castor oil–I don’t think I will go that route! Wishing you the best during your 3rd pregnancy!

32. Now, I have never been pregnant but one of my co-workers told me that when she was after her due date the nurse told her to go on a 2 hour walk, do the mattress mambo, and then walk again. My co-worker said she did just that and went into labor that night.

• Yeah—I think it’s different for everyone! :D I walk a lot with Cooper but I have been active throughout the pregnancy, so baby’s used to that!

33. Heather says:

You look great and are going to rock it during labor! My daughter, 2nd child, arrived on her due date at lunch time. I woke up at 1 am with contractions but she waited for us to get my son to the grandparents! Best wishes for a super smooth labor and delivery. The waiting is the hardest part!!!

• Thanks Heather!! I sure hope I can rock L & D! So you’re saying there is a chance for us still tomorrow! I’ll take it!

34. Stephanie says:

I know it’s hard but try to enjoy the last moments of being pregnant (as hard as it can be). I really missed having my little boy all to myself after he was born. :) I recently started following your blog. I’m currently 19 weeks pregnant and have found you to be such an inspiration! I have worked out/been active a ton more this pregnancy than my last and I think it has made such a difference in mood, energy level, dealing with postural changes in pregnancy, etc. Congrats ahead of time to you and your family!

• Thanks Stephanie and so happy to hear from you! I’m PUMPED that you have noticed a significant difference with this pregnancy! Congrats to YOU!

35. You look AMAZING!!! keeping a good thought!
    Natalie recently posted..Review of Huma Energy GelMy Profile

36. 40 weeks is great! I am so excited to hear the official “J”name!
    For my first baby, the best sign I had (though I didn’t know it at the time)… The day before I went into labor, I was incredibly sleepy. Way more sleepy and in desperate need of naps! My Mom was already in town to help when the new baby came, and I was so excited to spend time with her, that I didn’t want to rest. Now I know better! Best of luck to you, I am sure everything will go smoothly. It can’t hurt that you are in incredible shape, right?!?

37. I am 38 years old and 37 weeks along with our 1st :) I love reading your blog!!!!

38. Rings and jewelry should stay at home so there is no chance of them being lost. You will swell if you have an epidural/IV. Also, if your rings have prongs, they can scratch the baby.

I swear by eggplant parmigiana to induce ( it is an old southern wives tale ). I was at 38 weeks, not dialated, nor effaced, had it for dinner and my baby was born less than 18 hours later.

Oh, and if your water breaks, be prepared for a lot of water to come out (but not all at once). It us not goss, but you will hear a pop in your head.:)

39. Can’t believe you’re almost there! I had Elijah on his due date. I was induced and had a natural birth. It went great. I don’t know what other moms have said, but don’t be anxious! I was nervous about possible pain, and the contractions are just uncomfortable, not painful. When you are able to start pushing, that is actually a relief. It reduces the intensity of the contractions. You will do great!
    Britt @ BrittsRunningStyle recently posted..Week of Laying LowMy Profile

• Thanks Britt! I’m more anxious for the health of our baby and hoping I don’t have a c-section etc. Appreciate your words so much!

40. The ultra sound thing suprised me too, I did end up having a 3rd because I was induced then had no progession so they sent me home, but I had an ultrasound first. My water ended up breaking 2 days later, I was 3 weeks early and on the verge of preclampsia.

Just be prepared for the unexpected, nothing went how I thought it would, but everyone is happy and healthy :) Oh, and I didn’t wear jewelry, they though I might need a C section so I left all jewelry at home.
    Kelly @ Cupcake Kelly’s recently posted..Pin It! Party #1My Profile

41. Hi Jen!
    I’ve been reading your blog for a couple of weeks and this is my first comment!
    Our first of three was late, just a few days, too. We had a “scheduled” delivery if she was more than 5ish days late and wouldn’t you know it, she was delivered the morning before.
    My baby Kiana is now 15 – time flies so enjoy every moment!!
    Congrats to you and Coach!! <3
    Janet recently posted..Fit, Fabulous, 40’s FridayMy Profile

42. My midwives predicted my baby girl would be small, because I measured a week behind and only gained 20 lbs. They actually had me pretty worried that I wasn’t eating enough or that I was doing something wrong. And you know what? She ended up weighing 7 lbs. 15 oz. Not small at all! Also, she was born right on her due date! I’ll cross my fingers yours behaves as well :) No matter what, she’ll be here soon!!
    Meg recently posted..Post-Baby Racing: A 10K, 5K, and Half MarathonMy Profile

• Sounds like you and baby were very healthy! I thought I’d be closer to a 35 lbs gain based on the rate I was going but I slowed down for some reason??? :D

43. Both of my kids were right on their due date! And, with both of them I started feeling contractions right after doing squats at the gym…then my water broke and the rest of labor was fabulous and they arrived right on time! Good Luck!
    katie recently posted..Leggings, Running, and ChristmasMy Profile

44. I had my daughter at 39w6d and my son I had him 3 weeks early. I am sending lots of labor vibes to you.

Spicy Mexican food and sex put me into labor with my daughter….just sayin’ ;)
    Natalie recently posted..No…it’s NOT ok.My Profile

45. It’s not fair how fabulous you look! LOL!! My Em was a week late…I ended up being induced both because I didn’t want to wait until Christmas and she never would have left on her own! Hang in there! You’re doing great!!!
    Fancy Nancy recently posted..#WhatsBeautiful…Digging Deep to the FinishMy Profile

46. Lindsay says:

My daughter was 4 days overdue and my son was 5 days overdue, no horror stories here! I had natural no med labours and deliveries, and I’d do it again. Good luck, she’ll be here soon enough!

47. Sounds like you are doing well. In our classes they told us the “average” pregnancy goes 41 weeks and 2 days. I am hoping to be on the lower end but like you said baby comes when baby is ready. What foods did you freeze? I just put up a post on some of the food we, and by we I mean I, made and froze. My lovely mother is going to come up for a couple of weeks and help with the cooking and cleaning, I am so grateful for that. I have to admit I am very jealous of your low weight gain. I have gained about 5-10 more, for now, than I was wanting to but have been so good about healthy eating and exercising during my pregnancy I don’t know what gives. It’s weird how every woman responds so differently to pregnancy. I had a breakdown about it in the dr’s office a couple of weeks ago but at this point I have just accepted it and decided it will make for some great “come back” photos! :) I hope she comes soon and that you have a healthy and safe delivery. Can’t wait for the announcement!
    Rosi recently posted..Food Freeze for Baby’s ArrivalMy Profile

• Hi Rosi! I honestly thought I’d be closer to 35 lbs (my doctore told me to be prepared for that too) gained based on the rate I was gaining in month 7, but for some reason I slowed down–I didn’t restrict anything and think it more likely is due to muscle atrophy :( While I tend to eat healthy, I by no means am close to perfect with it at all. Like you said-we all respond differently to pregnancy. Hang in there–you’re body will respond!

48. I had no idea they didn’t keep doing ultrasounds, but I’m glad she is healthy and happy in there. Cooper looks like he’s excited to be a big brother.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..pizza sauce failMy Profile

49. I don’t know why people say 9 months for pregnancy!! I am 9 months today and not really looking forward to this last month. I had to stop my bootcamp classes at 7.5 months because of cramping so all I do now is light weights and swim. Do you wear a different sports bra for maternity? I plan to start up my classes again shortly after pregnancy and was wondering if you knew of a good supportive sports bra.

• I invested in another sports bra with support. The most supportive ones I’ve ever worn are Moving Comfort Juno’s–may have to get another of those once I start bf-ing but I’m waiting till I know how much bigger my boobs will get! Yikes!!

50. I have LOVED keeping up with you! can’t believe it’s (almost?) time! and only 25 lbs. if i ever am blessed with children, i hope my pregnancy is like yours!
    elizabeth recently posted..The Gift of RunningMy Profile

• Thanks E! The 25 lbs wasn’t my intent–thought I’d be closer to 35 lbs. Seriously. I was going pretty good there for a while! ;) I’m so very thankful for this type of pregnancy experience–makes me consider having another some day! ;)

51. Hope you’re still feeling great! I keep checking daily now to see if J.R. has arrived yet! Hurry up baby!!! haha Good luck!!! :)

52. any updates yet?!
    love jenny xoxo recently posted..Pregnancy Log – 33 weeks pregnantMy Profile

53. Rachel Bouzis says:

I am getting so excited to see her! You look amazing, and I hope she comes soon. I bet pregnancy in Omaha June humidity isn’t optimal.

54. i obviously have NO idea what you are going through, but you seem to have enjoyed it all and handled it so well! I am truly excited for you!
    Amanda @runtothefinish recently posted..Eat and Run – Scott Jurek: Accountability MondayMy Profile

55. Both my kids hung on till 40 weeks – if doctors allowed it they would have gone till 41 I bet. They both came safely, no complications! I’m sure you’ll do great considering you stayed in wonderful shape throughout your pregnancy. :)

56. I had one more “immediately post baby” tip. What people don’t tell you, is that the scariest thing after you have a baby is your first poop. Seriously, things are a little beat up down there. I took metamucil and mirilax daily after Henry for the first several weeks. Hopefully, this is not too gross, but this was one of the real lifesavers that was passed on to me (cause I am old and everyone I know has already had their kids:).

57. Hi! I just wanted to say thanks for this awesome website and all the time you put into it. Your pregnancy routines have been perfect for me; they keep me from getting bored and dreading my workout! I’m currently 35 wks along with my fifth and exercising everyday has helped me keep my gestational diabetes in check, plus my kids love watching me work out and laughing at me (sweet kids ;) ) or joining in with me and making ME laugh! All my babies, with the exception of my first, were at least a week overdue, usually more like 10 days. I hope you don’t have to wait much longer, but this is the calm before the storm, so try to enjoy it. :) Best wishes! Oh, and I did try castor oil with my first – the only one to come within 24 hours of her due date – and I have to say that while it worked, it was THE WORST!!! Stay away from it! The only thing that has worked for me in the past is my midwife stripping my membranes (as enjoyable as it sounds) and going for a vigorous walk immediately afterwards. But I’m sure she’ll come when she’s ready. Thanks again, and good luck!

58. Hi!
    Hope you’ve had that sweet baby by now. I have 3 children. 2 came 2 days before the due date. My third (a whopping 11 pounds 9 oz totally natural delivery!) was 6 days past the due date and I wanted him out!!

I did like you, working out and staying healthy throughout the pregnancies and gaining a healthy amount of weight (25 pounds with one and around 30 with the others) and it made labor so much more bearable. When people asked how I managed to push out my almost 12 pound baby without any drugs, I tell them I imagined it was a really hard workout set and that’s how I got through it, pretending each contraction and push was a set of weight reps.

Thanks for all the inspiration, motivation, and instruction you provide here. Best wishes with your new baby!
    Jessica recently posted..Farewell to A Humble CreationMy Profile