In case you were like me and didn’t venture out on Black Friday, you likely have some holiday shopping to do. Here are some of my favorite items for the athletes in your life, along with a couple on my wish list!
FOR THE RUNNER
1. iPhone Wrist Wallet – the Banjees wrist wallet easily holds your phone, key, ID & cash. Please practice safe running and always carry your phone.
2. Compression Socks – I wear The Recovery Sock which retail a bit lower than most brands. You can also save 15% on your entire purchase by using code ja001dw. I’ve been impressed with the durability and fit.
3. Yurbuds – earphones that stay put. Ideal for running outdoors and indoors. I have always battled with fit on earphones but not anymore.
4. Smart Touch Running Gloves – Zensah solved the problem of frigid fingers manipulating an ipod or phone with Smart Glove technology. Keep the gloves on while you change songs or volume.
5. Running Skirts – for the runner that likes to stand out in a race, these skirts are flattering and comfortable.
6. Races – Surprise your runner with a race entry or race-cation!
3. Sparkly Soul Headband – no slip, one size fits all, and sparkles all around. Great way to dress up your workout gear!
4. TRX Suspension – After I went through certification (I still need to blog about that), I have been eyeing one of these for the home. Note: this is pricey at almost $200.
FOR THE NEW ATHLETE
1. Polar Heart Rate Monitor – this allows one to keep tabs on calories burned, average heart rate & max heart. Great tool for running, circuits, & cycling to name a few. The watch is attractive too (model FT 40 shown below)
2. Technical workout clothing – cotton just doesn’t last when you are working up a sweat. Fabric that is moisture wicking and holds shape is ideal.
3. Protein Powder – after muscles are taxed, it’s important to fuel them with protein within 30-60 minutes of working out. GNC’s best selling protein powder is the Pro Performance AMP 60 providing a whopping 60 grams of protein.
Another option, is the Total Lean 25 which provides 25 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber.
4. iTunes Gift Card – help your new athlete stay motivated with upbeat music . P.S. this is a great gift for fitness instructors too (hint, hint). 😉
FOR THE CROSSFIT ATHLETE
Oh, I could go a little crazy here! There are quite a few items I have on my wish list!
1. Footwear – The Reebok Nano is the best selling CrossFit shoe because of its versatility and comfort. So many bright colors to choose from!
2. Long Socks– it’s not a fashion statement (well, maybe a little), but they protect your shins on rope climbs and lifts from the ground like dead lifts.
3. Tops – you want tops that allow for a wide range of movements like in the overhead position or for pull-ups with strategic seams or no seams at all.
4. Bottoms – same philosophy holds true for your shorts, capris, and pants. CrossFit involves squats, running, box jumps to name a few which require forgiving seams and construction.
FOR THE HEALTHY NOSHER
1. Healthy Bites from Lindsay Cotter are amazing morsels of goodness. Check out her seasonal flavors too!
2. Nature Box – get healthy, unique snacks delivered directly to your doorstep. You can be surprised or choose your favorite snacks.
4. GNC Vitapaks – make sure you are getting all your vitamins, select a convenient vitapak that fits your, specific needs.
Gosh, I know I’m missing something! So, tell me…
What is on your wish list this year?