Thank you all for such a positive response to my first GNC meal plan and supplement stack post.
I spent quite a bit of time editing that post in hopes of sharing positive and informative details on my journey to lean.
Now, that the weather is hot, and we have moved, my eating and exercise schedule has changed.
I use the mornings to run. Honestly, I have to. In Omaha, the heat index creeps up dangerously high on occasion.
|Before & after my run|
As you read previously, I will be able to incorporate more CrossFit as well! I’m looking forward to the challenge and the increased strength.
In case you missed the latest workouts:
- GNC workout No. 1: Arms
- GNC workout No. 2: Abs
- GNC workout No. 3. Legs
- GNC workout No. 4: Butt
- GNC workout No. 5: Playground Challenge
Meta-Ignite pills (3) and a banana with nut butter if I’m going for a +5 mile run.
Total Lean 25 Shake
8:30 a.m. (varied)
GNC Pro Performance L-Glutamine added to water (it’s tasteless) on strength training or CrossFit days. Prolonged high-intensity exercise decreases glutamine in muscles, so I’m combating that.
Fruit, a handful of almonds or a Kashi granola bar.
Large spinach salad, chicken, broccoli, almonds, apples, chia seeds and champagne pear vinaigrette, whole wheat tortilla chips and edamame hummus (all from Trader Joe’s).
ProSculpt (sometimes I need that extra boost in the afternoon!)
Snack: Vanilla Almond Cran Protein Bites and often, more fruit. Watermelon anyone?
Tip: Store your fish oil in the refrigerator. Keeping the capsules cold reduces/eliminates the fishy after taste! Fish oil has been shown to improve skin & nails, reduce inflammation and is heart healthy.
Dinner: Tilapia, veggies, couscous, & more salad.
Another Total Lean 25 smoothie, trail mix or nut butter and pretzels. Casein, found in the Total Lean 25, is a slow-digesting protein which is ideal before sleep when our body goes into a fasting state for hours.
* Sometimes, I’m not on point with my supplements and miss a few. Or, I switch the order of Pro-Sculpt and Meta-Ignite.
* I always have vitapaks & Physio-burn packs in my purse.
* The GenetixHD line will not do the work for you.
* Summer = smoothies & protein shakes. I crave them!
* Rest days are crucial. I usually select active recovery where I’m outside doing yard work or walking Cooper.
I’m not restrictive.
* If I want a piece of chocolate at night, I will have it.
* Frozen yogurt is a tasty summer treat, and we enjoy it!
Fear of carbs?
* As I had mentioned before, it would take a figure competition for me to cut them out fully. However, I do try to get a majority of my carbs first through fruits and veggies which is easier in the summer for me.
* Though we don’t eat out often, I’m not afraid to. I usually stick to the salad, chicken or fish dishes.
* Wine hits the spot, so I have a glass every so often.
Obviously, he requires more calories and protein than I do, so his supplementation is a bit different.
* Pro Performance BCAA 5000 made of fast-absorbing amino acids helping fuel a powerful workout. BCAA’s (Branched Chain Amino Acids) stimulate protein synthesis and reduce protein breakdown helping to preserve valuable lean muscle.
* HMB on heavy lifting days. HMB decreases protein breakdown during resistance training while simultaneously supporting muscle health during exercise.
* GNC Pro Performance AMP 60 So, once Coach took a sip of this, it was over. It became his favorite and is now at his office. I understand why this is GNC’s best-selling protein powder.
* Mega Men’s Sport vitapak taken with food.
Do I have it figured out?
Of course not! I’m still learning how to fuel my body properly with food choices, portions and timing. However, knowing I’m putting quality supplements into my routine is reassuring and beneficial for my active lifestyle.
I’ve been able to see more evident changes in my arms and legs, but finally, my mid-section is changing.
|Sorry for the poor quality pic|
This is the first time I can remember seeing my abs [albeit that is no six-pack], the definition is slowly surfacing.
Do you have questions?
Please comment below or email me at blondeponytail [at] hotmail [dot] com. I respect your privacy and will never share personal information.
Regardless of where you are in your fitness journey, keep at it and know there is a ton of support and resources out there. You’ve got this!
*Disclaimer: Although I am a NSCA-CSCS, you should consult a physician before starting any exercise program or diet plan. If you choose to do any of the workouts featured on this website, you do so at your own risk.
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this campaign. All opinions are my own.